You’ll agree — Finding the best tools is a pain in the ass. And when you do it, you’re not sure whether it’s really worth investing your hard-earned money in them.
Is it worth investing in your blog? Definitely, only if you’re investing in the right tools.
Today, I’ll show you the exact tools that’ll boost your blogging efforts.
And get this — you DO NOT have to pay a penny before signing-up. All tools have free trial periods. You only buy what YOU like.
So, let’s get started:
Note: There are affiliate links on this page to know more read our disclaimer
#1 Social Quant — Get 70% More Followers and 47% More Traffic
Twitter is one of the best places to find prospective customers for your business.
This means, when it comes to getting your blog in front of MORE people — who’re actually interested in your content — Twitter’s one of the best.
But, the problem is:
Twitter is very saturated.
Organically it’s really difficult to grow.
You’ll to have — relevant, targeted following.
Here’s where Social Quant works in.
So let’s take a look at Social Quant’s top features and how it helped us grow:
- More targeted Twitter followers: Social Quant guarantees 93% MORE targeted followers in 14 days. That’s insane. Now, here’s a comparison from when we weren’t using Social Quant to when we were:
You saw it. From -16 to 149 NEW followers. That’s how effective Social Quant is. As you can see, we got a LOT of new followers, and all of them are highly targeted.
- More Engagement and Website Traffic: Since all your followers will be targeted, they’ll engage more with your tweets as they’re interested in your content.Coming to Engagement and Traffic, here’s how it stands: Here’s how our engagement boosted rapidly:
- And now the traffic: Here’s how it stands for a week where we weren’t using Social Quant:Twitter NOT a significant referer……vs When we started using Social Quant:
Here’s how Social Quant Works:
- Sign-up on Social Quant.
- Enter 15-20 keywords, hashtags, accounts — relevant to your niche.
- Social Quant will use this data to get you more followers.
- With relevant followers, you’ll get more engagement and traffic
#2 Mailer Lite — Cheaper than any other Email service, as much POWERFUL
Email plays some key roles
- When someone signs up for your email list, you know they did so because they’re interested in what you’re offering.
- So, you don’t have to post on Facebook and hope someone will notice it, you directly get to THAT person.
- You can send personalized emails, talking exactly to one person making it more HUMAN.
If you’ve just started your blog you’re probably already using a mailing service like MailChimp or AWeber.
I’ve been using MailChimp for a long time — until recently — when I came across Mailerlite.
After comparing the two services I was thrown away.
Stuff that made me switch to Mailerlite:
- Free forever: Except for MailChimp, every other email service provides a limited days free. Mailerlite comes in for FREE for first 1000 email subscribers.MailChimp provides 2000. Yep.That brings me to my next point…
- Email Autoresponder: With Mailerlite, you can set up the autoresponder even with the FREE version (for which you have to pay for MailChimp). Moreover…
- Since we switched to Mailerlite, each and every one of our emails has started landing in our subscribers primary tab of gmail; which did not happen with MailChimp.
- Pricing: Here’s a quick pricing comparison of Mailerlite vs other leading email service providers for up to 10000 email subscribers:
#3 Inspectlet — Watch EXACTLY what your visitors are doing and ACT accordingly
Do you analyze what your visitors do when they get on your site?
Where EXACTLY they click and where they don’t?
Are they clicking on the links and buttons YOU want?
Well, you’ll know only if you’re watching what your visitors do.
Inspectlet helps with that.
#4 Seamless Affordable Hosting for Your Website
When we first started out we had a wordpress.com blog. This meant far less customization and NO control over our content whatsoever.
WordPress goes down, so does our precious content.
Later we learned, in order to grow we’ll have to host our own blog by getting hosting.
Here are some advantages of hosting your own website:
- You are the OWNER of all your content
- You DO NOT rely on anyone else, everything on your site goes as YOU wish — which isn’t sometimes the case on free blogs
- MORE customization due to premium themes
- MORE flexibility provided by dozens of FREE plugins
So, if you’re still using a wordpress.com free blog, you might want to shift to a self-hosted domain, wherein you’ll be the boss. You will have control of your own domain and data.
Since the beginning, we’ve been hosting this site on Bluehost and it has worked really well for us.
Recently, we came across another great hosting service provider — Hostinger.
I was looking for some features which weren’t available in what we were paying Bluehost…
…and I came across Hostinger — comparatively cheaper and comes in with some technical specifications we are looking for.
Here’s a super massive guide in which I cover: How to start a successful blog in 2017 Step-by-Step.
#5 StartAFire — Drive Traffic with EVERY link you share
You share dozens of articles from other high authority blogs on Social Media, YOUR blog, with your friends and dozen other platforms, don’t you?
And whenever someone clicks through and visits that site, are they prompted to visit YOUR blogging website?
That’s what Start A Fire does.
#6 Grammarly — Don’t worry about Grammar, Punctuation, Vocabulary anymore
Poor Language and a dozen Grammar, Punctuation and vocabulary blunders can hurt your blog.
When you create the first draft of your next blog post, don’t forget to scan it through Grammarly.
It hardly takes less 10 minutes.
Here’s how it works:
Step #1 Sign-up on Grammarly
Step #2 Upload Your draft
Step #3 Make all the recommended changes
Step #4 Download Your error-FREE document
All of this is available for FREE. You can, however, UPGRADE to the premium account; wherein you can:
- Check for Plagiarism — i.e. check for unoriginal text by surfing over 8 billion web pages.
- Enhance Vocabulary — Diversify your writing by polishing your articles.
- Professional Proofreading — Get your article proofread by a professional.
#7 AddThis — Get MORE shares, LESS bounce rate and MUCH MORE
AddThis is an INCREDIBLE tool that’ll help you:
- Get MORE shares by adding attractive, floating share buttons.
- Get MORE social Media followers by easily integrating follow buttons.
- Reduce your Bounce rate by prompting readers to read related content and make them stay longer on your site.
- Get MORE email subscribers by adding attractive customizable optins.
- Promote a specific page landing/sales page using an attractive pop-up from anywhere on your site.
For WordPress users, install AddThis plugin to activate it on your site.
here’s a Quick walkthrough from AddThis itself:
#8 Premium Theme — MORE Customization, MORE Awesomeness
Getting a professional looking Premium theme is always better.
Take a look why:
- Customization: With a premium theme you can do a LOT more customization than a free theme. In fact, if you understand the basics of web designing you can make your site look the way you want.
- Uniqueness: Free themes are used in abundance. When you get a free theme, tons (or maybe thousands) of others are using the exact same theme. This makes you stand in a crowd. Whenever this happens, do the opposite. Get a Premium theme.
- Optimization: Premium themes are well optimized for SEO, don’t have any security vulnerabilities, provide a premium experience and are optimized for people to use. This might not always be the case with free themes.
In general, I am not against FREE themes, in fact, we’d started with a free theme only to later move on to the SPI theme from StudioPress.
Here are some marketplaces you might want to explore for a good theme:
I am a HUGE fan of quality premium themes and highly recommend them. But, in case you’re NOT sure about using a premium theme you can check out this post in which I cover 10 Best, FREE WordPress themes to Style Your Blog in 2017
How about multitasking, without stressing out?
IFTTT stands for “IF THIS THAN THAT” and that’s what it does, allowing you to do two tasks at the same time.
IFTTT brings together applets that are basically services like facebook, twitter etc and combines them based on user-defined conditions.
For example: “IF FACEBOOK THAN TWITTER” it means if you’re publishing on facebook, the same post will be published on twitter, that’s just some basic idea of what IFTTT does.
You’ll find dozens of genuinely good blogging tools.
Some are FREE, some aren’t.
It’s always better to invest in a tool if it’s helping your blog.
NOT investing in a premium tool for some free alternative could many times hurt your blog in ways you cannot monitor.
That could hurt your blog…
Having said that, I am a huge fan of many FREE tools which are absolutely awesome (like Google Analytics), I’ve covered many in this post I’d written earlier => 100+ Blogging Tools and Resources for 2017
After reading this post I want YOU to do two things:
- Share THIS post with your followers
- Tell me the best blogging tool you’ve invested in, in the comments section